Established in 2003, Partnership for Strong Families (PSF) is the lead community-based care agency for Florida Judicial Circuits 3 and 8. PSF is contracted by the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) to deliver comprehensive child welfare services to children who are victims of abuse and neglect. PSF also works with at-risk families to prevent child abuse and to decrease the risk of children entering the out-of-home care system. PSF serves nearly 5,000 children in 13 counties annually, including Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Madison, Suwannee, Taylor and Union Counties.
- Approximately 450,000 children per year enter out-of-home care in the United States.
- There are 20,000 children in out-of-home care in the state of Florida.
- There are approximately 600 children in out-of-home care in North Central Florida.
- There are more than 45 children available for adoption in North Central Florida.
- Partnership for Strong Families and its partners have helped reduce the number of children entering out-of-home care in our community by 46 percent.
Join PSF CEO Stephen Pennypacker for a brief synopsis of Partnership for Strong Families’ mission, services and achievements!