1) Contact Us: The first step is to email our recruitment specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org This team member will be able to give you an overview of the process, let you know what to expect and answer any questions you may have.
2) Foster Care Screening: Our Recruitment Specialist will get to know your family better and what children may fit best in your home. This is also a time for you to learn more about PSF and our foster care program.
3) Background Paperwork: During the screening, the Recruitment Specialist will go over the paperwork to be completed. This will allow the licensing team to set up a fingerprint appointment and run background checks.
4) Attend PRIDE training: The PRIDE class provides the required training for all prospective parents. It covers foster care experiences, how to support the biological family, and trauma-informed parenting to best meet the behavioral, emotional, and mental health needs of our children and youth.
5) Home Visits: A licensing specialist will be assigned to your family and will schedule 2 home visits with you. For the first visit, you do not need to make any changes or set anything up. Your licensing specialist will get to know you more and walk around your home. They will then let you know if any alterations need to be made. When you schedule the second home visit, all requirements should be met and everything set up to receive your first placement.
6) Finalized Assessment: PSF prepares the completed assessment and sends it to DCF for a final review and approval.
7) Licensure: After approval from the state, you are officially licensed and ready to receive placements!