We are seeking a Community Relations Specialist to join our team. The Community Relations Specialist is responsible for aiding the Director of Development and Engagement in developing a climate of awareness and acceptance for Partnership for Strong Families (PSF) by assisting in creating and communicating clear, concise and consistent professional messages to agency stakeholders, staff and the community at-large. The CRS will assist in developing and designing communication and promotional materials, donor correspondence, organization of seasonal donation drives and will help facilitate certain agency programs including the Education Incentive Program. The CRS will report directly to the Director of Development and Engagement.
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Starting Salary: $19.02 hourly/ $39, 557.70 annually
The ideal candidate will provide needed administrative support such as taking meeting minutes, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, and tracking the department budget. In addition, the ideal candidate has the ability to maintain inventory of current donations on-hand to support youth in care and assist in disseminating those items as they are needed.
- Associates degree from accredited college or university or enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of coursework completed.
- Minimum of one year of work or internship experience in a closely related field. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field may be substituted for required work or internship experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Proficient in at least one design software for graphics.
- Event planning or project management experience.
- Two years of related work experience.
- Work with at-risk youth or families.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator, Constant Contact or similar email marketing software.
PSF is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer.