We are seeking a Family Support Coordinator to join our team.
This is a highly responsible, grant-funded position that works closely with families, community members, and partner agencies at our Library Partnership (LP)Family Resource Center. Daily activities include face-to-face consultations with patrons to assess needs, set goals, and connect with community resources; providing direct support (e.g., food, clothing, resume assistance) to patrons; and hosting community-driven events and programs, including afterschool homework help. This position, within the Clinical and Community Services department, reports to the Resource Center Manager.
Location: Library Partnership Family Resource Center
Starting Salary: $22.49 hr. ($46,776.98) to $24.04 hr. ($50,000.00).
The ideal candidate will need to have the ability to develop, coordinate and evaluate budget allocations to assure appropriate expenditure of resources. In addition the ideal candidate will have knowledge of family dynamics and community-based care and demonstrate the ability to partner with collaterals and service providers. This individual must have skill in Team Facilitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in the area of child welfare, social work, or other relevant fields.
- Must have an understanding of child development and risk factors that may lead to child abuse and neglect.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in state of residence.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Case management, civic engagement, and/or service coordination experience.
- Experience working with at risk families and children with significant mental health and/or behavioral health needs.
PSF is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer.