PSF is accepting applications for a Youth Mentor Volunteer.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is a non-clinical and non-child welfare position, which focuses on supporting children and youth in care, by providing support under the direct supervision of a licensed child welfare position or equivalent. This position will report to the Youth Care Specialist Lead.
Location: Volunteer opportunity is available at any of the PSF service sites.
The position will:
- Ensure the safety of youth by following all proper regulations, safety recommendations and procedures each day
- Record information and document incidents as they occur to help keep track of problem behaviors or unsafe conditions.
- Document all interactions with youth(s).
- Create a safe and caring environment for high-risk youth.
- Supervise visitations between children and their families.
- Volunteers will be at least 21 years of age.
- Good relationship building skills and ability to maintain constructive relationship boundaries with youth.
- Preferred experience working with at-risk children and youth.
- Willing to engage in ongoing training focusing on trauma informed mentoring and relationship building.
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
PSF is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer.
Click here to download the volunteer/intern application.
Please email completed volunteer applications to Jacob.Clore@pfsf.org.