We are seeking a Youth Care Specialist. This position provides direct care to at-risk children and teenagers residing in the residential program, who are awaiting appropriate long-term placements. The staff are expected to assist the youth to overcome obstacles that contribute to placement instability. This position must be willing to work various hours/shifts to include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays with little notice. This position will report to the Youth Care Specialist Lead.
Hourly Range: Starting at $16.54/hour
Location: Gainesville, FL
The ideal candidate will have the ability to maintain accurate case notes, log entries, and other necessary client records. Along with completing an incident report on any facility damage, medical emergency, or any incident, which occurs out of the ordinary daily operational functioning of the supervision shift. An ideal candidate will also review thoroughly through referrals for supervision which include youth’s strengths, challenges, behavioral triggers, and personal preferences. A model candidate will ensure the safety of youth by following all proper regulations, safety recommendations and procedures each day.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Three (3) years of experience in working with children and families.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and have access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a comparable related human services field from accredited college or university.
- Two years of experience working with at-risk youth.
For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at www.pfsf.org.
PSF is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer.