We are seeking a Technical Support Specialist. The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for front line support of all office computers, mobile devices, printers, and network devices. The Technical Support Specialist works with other IT staff in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting technical equipment. This position will support employees of SMS, affiliated entities, and contracted partners. The Technical Support Specialist will report directly to the Technical Support Supervisor.
Hourly Range: Starting at $18.15/hour
Location: Gainesville, FL
An ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel in a clear and easy fashion. In addition, an ideal candidate will have the ability to install, maintain, and repair personal computers in a Microsoft Windows environment, configure, support, and teach packaged software such as Microsoft Office; install, and support Ethernet networks and the associated clients in both peer to peer and client server networking environments; and provide remote client support using packages such as Remote Desktop and Active Directory.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Graduation/GED.
- Specific knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, Ethernet connectivity required.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s license, maintain an acceptable driving record, and accessibility to reliable transportation.
Preferred Education and Experience (in addition to requirements above):
- At least (but not limited to) one technical certification (CompTIA, Microsoft Certified Professional).
- Coursework in Information Technology related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and all current MS operating Systems.
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting VoIP telephones.
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting Android and iPhone handheld devices.
SMS is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer.