Service Management Solutions for Children (SMS) provides creative and innovative services related to management, finance, IT, HR and more for a growing list of clients, including Partnership for Strong Families. We are seeking a Technical Support Specialist to join our team. This position is responsible for front line support of all office computers, mobile devices, printers, and network devices. The Technical Support Specialist works with other IT staff in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting technical equipment. This position will support employees of SMS, affiliated entities, and contracted partners. The Technical Support Specialist will report directly to the Sr. Systems Administrator.
Salary: $38,000 – $40,500
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Mission: To enhance the ability of our clients to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children and families by developing, managing, and sustaining an outstanding array of comprehensive services.
Vision: To provide high-quality services and data-driven solutions that positively and consistently impact future outcomes for children and families.
- Provide Level 1 and 2 support to all SMS, affiliated entities, and contracted partners.
- The Technical Support Specialist will be expected to setup, maintain, test, install, and repair personal computers, mobile devices, networks, and related equipment.
- Individual will also install add-on computer peripherals, and test for correct functioning and make all appropriate network connections.
- Individual will install, patch, and upgrade Windows operating systems and Windows based software and hardware.
- Individual will be responsible for in-person and remote support of all SMS, affiliated entities, and contracted partners.
- Setup and support wireless systems.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Graduation/GED.
- Specific knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, Ethernet connectivity required.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s license, maintain an acceptable driving record, and accessibility to reliable transportation.
Preferred Education and Experience (in addition to requirements above)
- At least (but not limited to) one technical certification (CompTIA, Microsoft Certified Professional).
- Coursework in Information Technology related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and all current MS operating Systems.
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting VoIP telephones.
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting Android and iPhone handheld devices.
This position requires frequent same day travel.
SMS is an EEO/ADA/VP/ Drug Free employer.