We are seeking a Staff Development Specialist to join our team. is responsible for ensuring that Child Welfare Professionals and other staff are trained and certified according to the state of Florida and Department of Children and Families (DCF) requirements. The Staff Development Specialist is also responsible for facilitating continued in-service training opportunities to ensure all Child Welfare Professionals maintain their certification. Additional responsibilities may include cross training in P.R.I.D.E., Field Support/Coaching of case managers, child protection investigators (CPIs) and supervisors to ensure transfer of learning; and development of workshops and curriculum to meet the training needs of the agency, case management organizations and the Department of Children and Families CPIs and community partners. This position reports to the Director of Staff Development.
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Starting Salary: $ 47,989.87/annually
The ideal candidate will the ability to provide orientation and direct training as required based on the modules developed for Pre-Service, P.R.I.D.E and In-Service training. In addition, the Staff Development Specialist will have the ability to review and prepare material prior to each training class to ensure there have been no changes to law or policy that may impact training. Research resources and materials that will allow for the enhancement of the training including networking with community resource representatives who may be available to provide training to our trainees. As well as, arrange for the training room/virtual environment including set up and materials.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Services or related field is required. A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred and can substitute for one year of experience.
- Three years of professional experience in direct child welfare.
- Current Florida Child Welfare Professional certification
- Current knowledge of Florida’s Child Protection system.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Certified Trainer experience.
- Experience in trainer/teacher related activities (developing curriculum, presentation construction, training facilitation, etc.).
SMS is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer.