Service Management Solutions for Children, Inc. is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Position Title: Sr. HR Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Part-Time
Compensation: $12.50 – $13.34 per hour
Job Summary: The Senior Administrative Assistant, HR & Staff Development, assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions. This position will provide high-level administrative support to the Sr. HR Specialist. The position may support other leaders in the organization to include the President/CEO in the absence of the Executive Assistant.
The Senior Administrative Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Assists employees with any benefit issues or concerns.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job postings and conducting preliminary screenings vs. hiring specifications.
- Assists in preparing paperwork for new hires and establishing personnel file.
- Schedules background screenings associated with new employees, interns and volunteers.
- Assists with exit interview process by scheduling meetings.
- Assists HR department with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Organizes meetings or events by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget.
- Prepares agendas, and minutes for meetings.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources ensuring accuracy of information.
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
- Provide or supervise needed administrative support such as filing, maintaining records, copying, answering telephones, opening and distributing mail, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Arranges detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings for staff.
- Reconciles corporate credit card for Sr. HR Specialist.
- Performs clerical administrative duties to support the daily operations of the HR and Staff Development department.
- Utilizing data collected, prepare charts and graphs for presentations and reports.
- Provide needed administrative support that may include assisting in contract proposals, data compilation, budget preparation, standard reports, etc.
- Display understanding of, and sensitivity to, service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, and operate office and computer equipment and phones. Office duties may require bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, stopping, mobility, reading comprehension, carrying up to 30lbs., driving a motor vehicle, standing and prolonged periods of sitting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position, 20 hours a week, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree from accredited college or university.
- Four years of related administrative work experience in a multi-function work environment with at least one year in an HR Department.
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Related experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education. Higher level degree can substitute for needed experience.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License, have an acceptable driving record, and have access to reliable transportation.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to organize files and records.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetical calculations, calculate figures, amounts, and percentages
- Use of correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to type letters, memoranda and other standard business forms in correct format.
- Ability to handle telephone calls in a courteous and effective manner.
- Plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Extrapolate information form a variety of data and place in proper format.
- Work independently and multi-task.
- Knowledge of standard business formats and styles for letters and business forms and knowledge of office procedures.
- Basic filing practices.
- Techniques for handling telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Skill in typing.
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software.
Service Management Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants, employees, interns and independent contractors in all matters related, but not limited to: recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, compensation, benefits, application of policies and termination. Decisions affecting these activities will be made without regard to citizenship, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Service Management Solutions is committed to filling positions with the best-qualified candidates based on knowledge, skills and past job experience.
Americans with Disability Act: It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities where necessary in order to ensure that such persons have an equal opportunity for employment. If you require an accommodation you may make the request at any time during the employment process by contacting our Human Resources Department.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.