Service Management Solutions for Children (SMS) provides creative and innovative services related to management, finance, IT, HR and more for a growing list of clients, including Partnership for Strong Families. We are seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant for Human Resources and Staff Development to join our team in Gainesville, Florida. This position assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions. This position will provide high-level administrative support to the Sr. HR Specialist. The Senior Administrative Assistant also assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the agency’s training program, providing administrative support to the Staff Development department and works closely with the training team, subcontracted case management organizations, and the Florida Certification Board (FCB) to meet the learning and development needs of the organization. The position may support other leaders in the organization to include the HR Director.
The Senior Administrative Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Location: Gainesville, Florida
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job postings and conducting preliminary screenings vs. hiring specifications.
- Assists in scheduling interviews, preparing interview packets, and scheduling interview rooms.
- Schedules background screenings associated with new employees, interns, and volunteers.
- Assists in preparing paperwork for new hires and establishing personnel file.
- Enters training records into database and maintains it.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources ensuring accuracy of information. Maintain training database and create spreadsheet on quarterly or annual training.
- Provide administrative support to the Staff Development Specialists.
- Liaises with the credentialing entity and other child welfare entities.
The ideal candidate will have an associate’s degree from accredited college or university, four years of related administrative work experience in a multi-function work environment with at least one year in a HR and/or training department, proficiency in Microsoft Office and other data collection and processing software. Related experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education. Higher level degree can substitute for needed experience. Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s license, maintenance of an acceptable driving record, and accessibility to reliable transportation is also required.
SMS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Drug Free Work Place and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Human Resource Department at 1-352-244-1527. Notification to the Human Resource office must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Drug-Free Workplace: SMS maintains and enforces a Drug-Free Workplace program.