We are seeking a Redaction Release Specialist to join our team. This position involves paralegal work that consists primarily of retrieving and redacting records in accordance with applicable statutes and policies to respond to requests for information from the public, from case participants, courts, attorneys, the Department of Children and Families, and from other child welfare agencies. This position reports directly to the Records Manager.
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Starting Salary: $16.54/hourly – $34,398/yearly
The ideal candidate will have ability to upload different documents within filing systems, in addition to searching record catalogs to locate and request paper records from storage. The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate with requestors, DCF Records Technicians, DCF Attorneys, Supervisors and the Partnership for Strong Families Single Point of Contact for Records as needed.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Training or experience redacting confidential information from documents.
- Accessibility to reliable transportation.
- Have the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position.
- Related experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education.
- Associate’s degree in Legal Assisting or Paralegal Studies from an accredited college or university.
- Pass the Certified Paralegal (CP) exam or Certified Legal Assistant (CLA) exam.
- At least 2 years of office work, at least 6 months of which involve records redaction.
- Experience using a document imaging electronic records system.
PSF is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer.
Click here to view the complete job description.