Partnership for Strong Families is the lead agency for a community-based network in 13 counties in North Central Florida, providing services to ensure the safety, well-being and security of its children and families through foster care and related services.
We are seeking a Recruitment Specialist to join our team in Gainesville, Florida. This is a highly independent position with primary responsibility for the recruitment and initial screening of new Foster and Adoptive Families within Circuits Three and Eight. The position will serve as the primary point of contact for potential Foster and Adoptive Families and will work with each potential family as they begin the licensing or adoption process with a high degree of professionalism and enthusiasm for the process. Working with the Outreach Recruitment Specialist, this position will help develop, implement, and track a Recruitment Marketing plan for children assigned to PSF caseloads, as well as work with all families who are beginning the fostering or adoption process. This position reports directly to the Director of Communications and Engagement.
Salary: $34,000 – $45,000
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Mission: To enhance the community’s ability to protect and nurture children by building, maintaining and constantly improving a network of family support services.
Vision: To be a recognized leader in protecting children and strengthening families through innovative evidenced-based practices and highly effective, engaged employees and community partners.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and tracking of a recruitment marketing plan in Circuits Three and Eight.
- Communicate with potential Partner and Adoptive Families in a positive and professional manner daily, with a strategic emphasis on using a customer service approach.
- Working with the licensing and adoption teams, track the success of each family in terms of completing the foster or adoption process. Use this data to guide conversations and recruitment initiatives.
- Aid the Outreach Recruitment Specialist in exploring and developing partnerships with faith-based entities and schools within PSF’s 13 county coverage area who are willing to serve as recruitment bases from within their members and staff and to support their families once licensed.
- Develop and deliver presentations related to Partner and Adoptive Families as requested in the community.
- Coordinate and track implementation of the recruitment/marketing plan.
- Under the direction of the Director of Communications and Engagement progressively take on creation and analysis of social media marketing as a means of recruiting Partner and Adoptive Families.
- Develop cohesive messaging and engaging graphic designs utilizing recruitment best practices. Analyze data to determine success of different initiatives.
- Display understanding of, and sensitivity to, service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Support and promote the Partnership’s mission, vision and values; and uphold the professionalism of the organization at all times.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in Community Development, Human Development, Human Services, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field. One year of related marketing, public relations, community relations, development, social services, or recruitment experience. They must possess a valid Florida’s driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and accessibility to reliable transportation. Preferred education and experience includes: two years of related marketing, public relations, community relations, development, social services, or recruitment experience within the social service sector. Experience working in the non-profit sector, coordinating special events, and utilizing social media for marketing purposes. Experience utilizing Adobe Suite Software, including InDesign and Illustrator.
For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at www.pfsf.org
PFSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Drug Free Work Place and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Human Resource Department at 1-352-244-1527. Notification to the Human Resource office must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Drug-Free Workplace: PSF maintains and enforces a Drug-Free Workplace program
Partnership For Strong Families provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Partnership For Strong Families employs only U.S. citizens and aliens who are authorized to work in the U.S. in compliance with the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324B. which requires that all employees present original documentation that establish identity and employment authorization within 3 business days of the date employment begins (also referred to as the hire date).