Work Location: Lake City, FL
Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday, dayshift
Benefits: Full, comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and Health Management Leave, Time-Off, and Retirement
Application Method: Online at www.jobs.devereux.org
**This is a field-based Case Management position based out of Lake City, FL.**
If you are passionate about supporting the mission of providing safety to children and helping to build strong families in the community, then Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health has an opportunity that will interest you! We are looking for a motivated, dedicated and compassionate person to be a Family Care Counselor.
Being a Family Care Counselor has its Advantages
As a Family Care Counselor at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Opportunities to make a positive impact in the lives of children and families in need of support
- A rewarding opportunity to see help children reach their full potential and achieve their goals
- Excellent benefits including low-cost, high coverage health insurance
- The rewards of seeing families improve and flourish with the services you referred them to
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides case management services for children and families referred by the child welfare and foster care system, to ensure a community without abuse, neglect or abandonment, so all children grow to their full potential. Based out of Lake City, FL, this position is responsible for ensuring the safety of youth referred by child welfare, including conducting home visits, providing assessments, and coordinating temporary and permanency placement, as well as ensuring the overall social, physical, psychological, and emotional well-being of parents and care-givers.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in social work or related field, as defined by Florida Statute 65C-15.017. Related degrees include sociology, psychology, human services, counseling, human development, child development, family development, marriage and family therapy, special education, education, criminology, juvenile justice, or nursing.
- Two (2) years of experience working in child welfare is preferred.
- Child Welfare Protection Professional (CWCM, CPI, CWP, etc.) preferred and must obtain within 12 months of employment.
- Must have valid Florida Driver’s License
- Must be able to complete a three day new hire orientation class (Monday – Friday); hours are approximately 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Click on the following link to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org