Position Title: Family Support Worker
Serves as a member of a Case Management team to provide support and assistance to children and families to aid in the prevention of child abuse and neglect in at-risk families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Case Managers in maintaining records and program documentation for families receiving services.
- Assist families in efforts to receive training, education, or social services such as housing, day care, employment and training, counseling, and/or medical treatment.
- Participate in staffing, court hearing and other team meetings related to the provision of services to children and families.
- Provide assistance in delivery of care management services, including assessment, planning, linking, monitoring, and advocacy, to assist children and families.
- Coordinate necessary transportation for families.
- Assist in supervising children in absence of parents or those awaiting placement.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and timely according to all applicable policies, contract terms, and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor quality of care by contacting families by phone and conducting home visits.
- Provide families’ with education/information/training in order to enhance their awareness of child abuse and neglect, promote family stability and a healthy family system.
- Assist Case Managers in referring children and families to appropriate community services and otherwise assure continuity of care for children and families.
- Treat all children and families with the utmost respect and common courtesy.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma and 2 years’ experience in providing social service, child development, family services or working in a childcare setting. An Associates or Bachelors Degree in Social Science or related field may substitute for the required experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, ratios, averages. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to budgeting, time calculations and productivity report used to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This position requires the following credentials.
- Maintain a valid drivers license
- Maintain auto insurance according to state requirements
This position requires the following additional qualifications.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
- Proficient computer skills including the use of Microsoft operating systems and Office products
- Ability to observe and accurately report the functioning of families
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to drive up to 50% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please email resume to Shannon.Moser@pfsf.org