Family Care Counselor Supervisor – Lake City, FL
Posting Date: 8/31/2018
**This is a field-based Case Management position Lake City, FL.**
If you are passionate about supporting the mission of providing directing and leading other who ensure the safety of children and who help to build strong families in the community, then Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health has an opportunity that will interest you! We are looking for a motivated, dedicated and compassionate person to be a Family Care Counselor Supervisor.
Being a Family Care Counselor Supervisor has its Advantages. As a Family Care Counselor Supervisor at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
• Opportunities to make a positive impact in the lives of children and families in need of support
• A chance to provide guidance and leadership to staff that help children reach their full potential and achieve their goals
• Comprehensive Benefits including low-cost, high-coverage health insurance, generous time-off, and competitive 403b retirement
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides case management services for children and families referred by the child welfare and foster care system, to ensure a community without abuse, neglect or abandonment, so all children grow to their full potential. Based out of Lake City, FL, this position is responsible for overseeing and proving support/guidance to Child Welfare Case Managers and ensuring children, families and caregivers receive services and support.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental Health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,000 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer generous time-off policies and a 403(b) retirement plan, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Click on the following link to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or human services related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
• Four (4) years’ child welfare/protective services experience and/or human services experience required. A Master’s Degree may substitute for 2 of the 4 years of experience.
• Two (2) years supervisory experience preferred.
• Must currently hold Child Welfare Certification issued by Florida Certification Board and meet training requirements.
• Must possess valid Florida Driver’s License
• Must be able to complete a 3 day new hire orientation class (Monday – Wednesday); Hours are approximately 9:00am to 5:00pm each day
To apply for this job, click here.