Job Summary: This is a highly independent position with primary responsibility for the recruitment of new foster and adoptive families in North Central Florida. This position will have the responsibility of developing and implementing a Recruitment/Marketing plan to engage the community and increase the number of foster/adoptive homes in PSF’s coverage area. The Outreach Recruitment Specialist (ORS) will oversee a strategic and comprehensive approach to recruitment that includes implementing innovative practices and measuring the results. Responsibilities will include networking, delivering compelling, persuasive presentations to the public, developing strategic marketing material and tracking data to drive the development of our recruitment practices. This position reports directly to the Director of Communications and Engagement.
Salary: $34,000 – $45,000
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Mission: To enhance the community’s ability to protect and nurture children by building, maintaining and constantly improving a network of family support services.
Vision: To be a recognized leader in protecting children and strengthening families through innovative evidenced-based practices and highly effective, engaged employees and community partners.
- Manage foster and adoptive family recruitment in Circuits Three and Eight.
- Communicate with potential foster and adoptive families in a positive and professional manner on a daily basis.
- Explore and develop partnerships with faith-based entities, schools, and stakeholders within PSF’s 13 county coverage area who are willing to serve as recruitment bases and support families who have completed the foster and adoption process.
- Develop and deliver compelling, persuasive presentations related to the foster and adoption process as opportunities are identified throughout the community.
- Working with the Community Relations and Recruitment, Licensing and Adoptions departments, coordinate recruitment events and initiatives.
- In the absence of the (internal) Recruitment Specialist, serve as the primary point of contact for potential foster adoptive families and work with each potential family as they begin the process of fostering or adopting.
- Maintain and engage database of PSF’s partners to support PSF’s current foster and adoptive families and act as community advocates for the children in our care.
- Develop a recruitment/marketing plan for the recruitment of foster and adoptive families in Circuits Three and Eight.
- Coordinate and track implementation of the recruitment/marketing plan.
- Assist in the creation and analysis of social media marketing as a means of recruiting foster and adoptive families.
- As available, ensure photographs of children available for adoption are updated and of the highest quality possible.
- Display understanding of, and sensitivity to, service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Support and promote Partnership for Strong Families’ mission, vision, and values; and uphold the professionalism of the organization at all times.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in Community Development, Human Services, Public Administration, Social Work, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field. One year of related marketing, public relations, or recruitment experience. They must possess a valid Florida’s driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and have accessibility to reliable transportation. Preferred education and experience includes: two years of related marketing, public relations, or recruitment experience within the social service sector. Experience working in the non-profit sector, coordinating special events, and utilizing social media for marketing purposes. Experience in public speaking.
For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at www.pfsf.org
PFSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Drug Free Work Place and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Human Resource Department at 1-352-244-1527. Notification to the Human Resource office must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Drug-Free Workplace: PSF maintains and enforces a Drug-Free Workplace program
Partnership For Strong Families provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Partnership For Strong Families employs only U.S. citizens and aliens who are authorized to work in the U.S. in compliance with the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324B. which requires that all employees present original documentation that establish identity and employment authorization within 3 business days of the date employment begins (also referred to as the hire date).