We are seeking an Outreach Recruitment Specialist. This is a highly independent position with primary responsibility for the recruitment of new foster and adoptive families in North Central Florida. This position will have the responsibility of developing and implementing a Recruitment/Marketing plan to engage the community and increase the number of foster/adoptive homes in PSF’s coverage area. The Outreach Recruitment Specialist (ORS) will oversee a strategic and comprehensive approach to recruitment that includes implementing innovative practices and measuring the results. Responsibilities will include networking, delivering compelling, persuasive presentations to the public, developing strategic marketing material and tracking data to drive the development of our recruitment practices. This position reports directly to the Director of Communications and Engagement.
Hourly Range: Starting at $20.44/hour
Location: Gainesville, Florida
An ideal candidate will have the ability to develop and deliver compelling, persuasive presentations related to the foster and adoption process as opportunities are identified throughout the community. In addition, to maintaining and engaging PSF’s partners to support PSF’s current foster and adoptive families and act as community advocates for the children in our care. This position will require the Outreach Recruitment Specialist to serve as the primary point of contact for potential foster adoptive families and work with each potential family as they begin the process of fostering or adopting.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in Community Development, Human Services, Public Administration, Social Work, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- One year of related marketing, public relations, or recruitment experience.
- A valid Florida’s driver’s license, an acceptable driving record and accessibility to reliable transportation.
- Two years of related marketing, public relations, or recruitment experience within the social service sector.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector, coordinating special events and utilizing social media for marketing purposes.
- Experience in public speaking.
For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at www.pfsf.org.
PSF is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer.