Partnership for Strong Families is the lead agency for a community-based network in 13 counties in North Central Florida, providing services to ensure the safety, well-being and security of its children and families through foster care and related services. We are seeking a Level I Licensing Specialist to join our team in Lake City, Florida. The Level 1 Licensing Specialist will license, train, and support Level I foster homes. This position reports to the Level 1 Licensing Supervisor.
Location: Lake City, Florida
Salary: $34,000 – $39,000
Mission: To enhance the community’s ability to protect and nurture children by building, maintaining and constantly improving a network of family support services.
Vision: To be a recognized leader in protecting children and strengthening families through innovative evidenced-based practices and highly effective, engaged employees and community partners.
- License Level I foster care homes (within 60 days of assignment) in accordance with PSF and DCF regulations and requirements.
- Assist in crisis intervention to Level I foster care parents, as necessary.
- Maintain ongoing contact with Case Management staff regarding foster care referrals for assigned Level I foster homes.
- Participate in permanency staffings and court hearings that involve assigned Level I foster homes.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to assigned Level I foster homes, until the inception of the Guardianship Assistance Payments.
- Compose comprehensive foster home studies based on the strengths and needs of the prospective Level I foster homes which will encompass relatives and/or fictive kin.
- Thoroughly documents issues, questions or concerns directly related to licensing and re-licensing of Level I foster homes.
- Understands different views, expertise and experience of others; understands the perspectives and limitations of other individuals and systems.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Psychology, Social Work, or related field and possess a Florida Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and access to reliable transportation. Candidate must obtain Child Welfare Professional and Licensing certification and certification as PRIDE instructor within 12 months of hire. Two years of professionally related child welfare experience, experience training or supervising foster parents, PRIDE certification, and experience or knowledge of special needs children is preferred.
For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at www.pfsf.org
PFSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Drug Free Work Place and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Human Resource Department at 1-352-244-1527. Notification to the Human Resource office must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Drug-Free Workplace: PSF maintains and enforces a Drug-Free Workplace program.