Independent Living Counselor

Down Arrow Scroll


We are seeking to fill three (3) full time FLSA exempt Independent Living Counselors. This is a skilled professional position conducting independent living case management for children within Circuits 3 and/or 8. The IL Counselor provides direct case work to all 16- and 17-year-old children in out of home care and all young adults in the independent living post 18 programs. This position supports youth and young adults with needed case management, transition planning, life skills and services, while adhering to relevant legal and policy requirements governing independent living services. This position reports to the Independent Living Manager.

Starting Salary: $46,776.98 to $48,180.29 annually

Location: We are currently looking to fill three (3) positions; one for each location:

  • Gainesville
  • Lake City/ Trenton
  • Live Oak/ Starke

The ideal candidate will have the ability to assess youth and young adults needs and determine appropriate case planning, ability to travel, ability to make accurate assessment on transitioning youth and young adults, ability to communicate effectively, ability to use a computer system, ability to conduct effective transition planning staffings and other meeting, and ability to interact appropriately with youth, young adults, caregivers, providers and other agency professionals. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Florida’s child welfare policies, statutes and administrative codes regarding services to dependent children and young adults, knowledge of social service resources at Service Centers, knowledge of best practices in child welfare services, and knowledge of basic computer programs including email, word processing, and in-office information systems.

Minimum Qualifications:


  • Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a comparable human service field.
  • Possess a valid Florida driver’s license; possess and maintain an acceptable driving records; and accessibility to reliable transportation.
  • Certification as a Child Welfare Professional or CWP eligible.
  • Must obtain CWP certification within 12 months of appointment to this position.


  • Master’s degree in social work or related field.
  • Two years of experience working in the field of Independent Living

For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at

PSF is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer. 

Click here to view the complete job description.


Child abuse is preventable
We can help change the lives of many children and teens.

A hallmark of PSF’s system of care is our belief that child abuse is preventable. We have found that by providing resources and supports to families in need on the front end, many can avoid reaching the crises that lead to formal child welfare involvement functions.

Monetary Donations

Monetary donations throughout the year are a huge help to the children we serve. We accept donations by check, which can be mailed to our office or through the Philanthropy Hub link here.


Become part of a team that makes a lasting impact! No matter how much time you have to give, it is enough to make a big difference

Special Events

We often have unique opportunities to partner with us through events that are organized to benefit Partnership for Strong Families

Subscribe To Our Newsletter