Partnership for Strong Families is the lead agency for a community-based network in 13 counties in North Central Florida, providing services to ensure the safety, well-being and security of its children and families through foster care and related services. We are seeking a Family Service Facilitator and Liaison to join our team in Gainesville, Florida. This is a highly responsible position accountable for overseeing the authorization and utilization of services. This position within the Utilization Management department is intended to ensure the maximization of resources in authorizing services for clients within our system of care. This position reports to the Director of Utilization Management.
Salary: $40,000 – $47,881
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Mission: To enhance the community’s ability to protect and nurture children by building, maintaining and constantly improving a network of family support services.
Vision: To be a recognized leader in protecting children and strengthening families through innovative evidenced-based practices and highly effective, engaged employees and community partners.
- Oversee the authorization and utilization of services to ensure resources are maximized.
- Authorize service allocation and coordinate service delivery, including crisis intervention linkages, with providers and community resources. Ensure family support and placement stabilization through linkage and consultation.
- Utilize and monitor flexible funding and service coordination.
- Coordinate and conduct intakes for prospective families that may be served through the Family Connections program.
- Participates in meetings/staffings and coordinates activities between various stakeholders within the System of Care.
- Foster relationships with family members, care managers, courts, education system and service providers.
- Participate in utilization review, tracking, and management of services to ensure the appropriateness of level of care, service provision, and expenditures.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field with 3 years’ experience in child welfare, mental health, or utilization management. Candidate must be certified as a Child Protection Professional (CPP) or be CPP eligible and possess a valid driver’s license in state of residence. The following education and experience is preferred: Master’s degree in related field; prior DCF experience or knowledge of child welfare systems, data management systems, and wraparound planning; case management or service coordination experience; experience working with at risk families and children with significant emotional and behavioral needs and their families.
For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at www.pfsf.org
PFSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Drug Free Work Place and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Human Resource Department at 1-352-244-1527. Notification to the Human Resource office must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Drug-Free Workplace: PSF maintains and enforces a Drug-Free Workplace program.