We are seeking an Eligibility Specialist. This position is responsible for the accuracy of maintenance adoption subsidy agreements and monthly adoption subsidy payments in the Florida Safe Families Network (FSFN). This position is also responsible for assisting in the maintenance of Medicaid for adopted children including but not limited to measures necessary to ensure Medicaid coverage for children moving into or out of the state pursuant to the Interstate Compact on Adoptions Medicaid Assistance (ICAMA.) This position reports to the Eligibility Supervisor.
The position may involve acquiring, accessing, using, and safeguarding Protected Health Information according to applicable law and agency Policies and Procedures for Protected Health Information.
Hourly Range: Starting at $15.75/hour
Location: Gainesville, Florida
The ideal candidate will have the ability to process and manage departmental tracker of completion of Medicaid and ICAMA needs and changes, as well as respond to Medicaid and ICAMA requests within the timeframe as established by DCF. The ideal candidate will provide support in the department for various purposes, such as for adoption audits and direct assistance to the Adoptions Eligibility Staff on an as needed basis.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years’ experience in a financial clerical, child welfare program funding, or revenue maximization position.
- Valid State of Florida Driver’s license, an acceptable driver’s record, and accessible, reliable transportation.
- Related experience may substitute on a year for year basis for the required education.
- Proficiency in Florida Safe Families Network (FSFN) functionalities.
- Experience with the Florida Medicaid system.
- Experience in a financial clerical position or revenue maximization position.
PSF is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer.