Partnership for Strong Families is the lead agency for a community-based network in 13 counties in North Central Florida, providing services to ensure the safety, well-being and security of its children and families through foster care and related services. We are seeking an Early Childhood Family Support Facilitator to join our team at the SWAG Family Resource Center in Gainesville, Florida. This is a grant-funded position responsible for providing consultation and limited case management services to identified families of children ages 0-5 at specified childcare facilities in Alachua County. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, conducting face-to-face sessions with families to help identify and meet family and/or child-specific needs; in turn, improving outcomes related to caregiver protective capacities and school readiness. The position requires regular travel within Alachua County along with direct contact and consultations with clients and providers to help ensure maximum utilization of resources for these individuals. The position is located within the Clinical and Community Services department and reports to the Resource Center Manager. This is a grant-funded position.
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Salary: $38,000 – $43,500
Mission: To enhance the community’s ability to protect and nurture children by building, maintaining and constantly improving a network of family support services.
Vision: To be a recognized leader in protecting children and strengthening families through innovative evidenced-based practices and highly effective, engaged employees and community partners.
- Conduct face-to-face consultations with families at their identified childcare facility, the family’s home or another location convenient to the family, using a non-judgmental and encouraging environment, to appropriately identify family and/or child specific needs.
- Based upon identified needs, make appropriate connections for additional assessments, services and supports. As appropriate, also link families with existing community supports, such as those which may be found at our local Resource Centers.
- Provide limited case management services to the identified families (e.g., connecting families with resources, ensuring services/supports are in place, acting as a liaison between the family and providers).
- Foster relationships between family members, partners, community members, and the education system.
- Conduct community outreach by actively seeking out and engaging community agencies, businesses, and individuals that will contribute to meeting the needs of local families with children ages 0-5.
- Participate in various meetings, staffings and community events.
- Manage conflicts and deal appropriately in difficult situations with clients, service providers, community partners, supervisors and/or peers.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, or related field with 2 years of experience in child welfare, social work, or related field. (Any additional education over the required Bachelor’s degree may be considered for up to 1 year of the required 2 years’ experience). Candidate must have an understanding of child development and risk factors that may lead to child abuse and neglect and possess a valid driver’s license in state of residence. The following experience and education is preferred: Master’s degree in related field; case management, early childhood education, and/or service coordination experience; and experience working with at risk families and children with significant mental health and behavioral needs and their families.
This position requires frequent same day travel.
For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at www.pfsf.org
PFSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Drug Free Work Place and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Human Resource Department at 1-352-244-1527. Notification to the Human Resource office must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Drug-Free Workplace: PSF maintains and enforces a Drug-Free Workplace program.