This is a grant-funded full-time position responsible for providing individualized case management and support services to families and community members seeking assistance through multiple community-based sites. The Community Resource Navigator works closely with partner agencies to connect families and individuals with appropriate resources designed to build caregiver protective factors and improve outcomes. The position requires regular travel within Alachua County, along with direct contact and consultations with patrons and providers to help ensure maximum utilization of resources for these individuals. The position is located within the Clinical and Community Services department and reports to the SWAG Family Resource Center Manager
Salary: $22.49 hour to $24.04 hour
Location: SWAG Family Resource Center, Gainesville, FL
The ideal candidate will have the ability to develop, coordinate and evaluate budget allocations to assure appropriate expenditure of resources; ability to make public presentations and represent the agency in various settings; ability to develop long-range and short-range objectives including monitoring and corrective action plans; and ability to be flexible and manage multiple projects at the same time. This ideal candidate will have knowledge of family dynamics and community-based care; knowledge of social service resources in Alachua County; knowledge of best practices in child welfare/social work, to include the Strengthening Families and Protective Factors Framework; and knowledge of basic computer programs including email, word processing, and in-office information systems. This candidate will be skilled in Team Facilitation and is able to demonstrate experience in partnering with collaterals and service providers.
- Bachelors’ degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field with 1 year of experience in the areas of child welfare, social work, early childhood or other relevant fields.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in state of residence.
- Two (2) years’ experience in the areas of child welfare, social work, or other relevant fields.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Case Management, and/or Service Coordination experience.
- Experience working with at risk families and children with significant mental health and behavioral needs and their families.
- Experience engaging the community through outreach events, public speaking engagements, written materials, etc.
This position requires frequent same day travel. PSF provides paid travel time and mileage reimbursement.
For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at www.pfsf.org.
PSF is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer.
Position funded by the Children’s Trust of Alachua County