Partnership for Strong Families is the lead agency for a community-based network in 13 counties in North Central Florida, providing services to ensure the safety, well-being and security of its children and families through foster care and related services. We are seeking a Clinical Staffing Coordinator to join our team in Gainesville, Florida. This is a highly independent professional and clinically focused position which coordinates and facilitates multi-disciplinary staffings to determine a child’s therapeutic needs, including appropriate levels of care and funding options. This position is also responsible for managing various clinical processes including suitability assessments. This position is supervised by the Behavioral Health Coordinator.
Job Location: Gainesville, Florida
Mission: To enhance the community’s ability to protect and nurture children by building, maintaining and constantly improving a network of family support services.
Vision: To be a recognized leader in protecting children and strengthening families through innovative evidenced-based practices and highly effective, engaged employees and community partners.
- Coordinate and facilitate Multi-Disciplinary Team staffings to ensure a child’s current treatment, level of care, and service needs meet medical necessity criteria. Participants can include: Family Care Counselor (FCC), Family Care Counselor Supervisor (FCCS), Guardian ad Litem (GAL), Children’s Legal Services (CLS), PSF placement staff, treatment providers, managed care representatives, etc. Propose alternative plans of treatment when requests for services do not meet medical necessity criteria.
- Assist with management of clinical processes related to children placed in therapeutic levels of care, including but not limited to funding authorizations and suitability assessments.
- Provide clinical consultation as needed in internal and community-based staffings.
- Coordinate and facilitate Clinical Staffings and other clinical processes/meetings.
- Ensure compliance with agency operating procedures, plans, and governing principles in Florida Statutes and the Florida Administrative Code.
- Ensure continuity of care for appropriate services delivered.
- Maintain up-to-date information on Medicaid and managed care plans.
The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or related field, two years of experience in mental health or substance abuse health care, possession of a valid Florida driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and accessibility to reliable transportation. Experience working with the Child Welfare System in Florida is preferred.
For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at www.pfsf.org
PFSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Drug Free Work Place and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Human Resource Department at 1-352-244-1527. Notification to the Human Resource office must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Drug-Free Workplace: PSF maintains and enforces a Drug-Free Workplace program.