Location: Devereux, FL Lake City, 1211 Bascom Norris Drive, Suite 101, Lake City, FL
Benefits: Full, comprehensive benefits, review by CLICKING HERE
**Certification of Child Welfare Case Management (CWCM, CPI, etc.) is required to qualify for this position**
If you are passionate about supporting the mission of providing safety to children and helping to build strong families in the community, then Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health has an opportunity that will interest you! We are looking for a motivated, dedicated and compassionate person to be a Family Care Counselor.
Being a Family Care Counselor has its Advantages
- As a Family Care Counselor at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Opportunities to make a positive impact in the lives of children and families in need of support
- A rewarding opportunity to see help children reach their full potential and achieve their goals
- Excellent benefits including low-cost, high coverage health insurance
- The rewards of seeing families improve and flourish with the services you referred them to
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides case management services for children and families referred by the child welfare and foster care system, to ensure a community without abuse, neglect or abandonment, so all children grow to their full potential. Based out of Trenton or Lake City, FL, this position is responsible for ensuring the safety of youth referred by child welfare, including conducting home visits, providing assessments, and coordinating temporary and permanency placement, as well as ensuring the overall social, physical, psychological, and emotional well-being of parents and care-givers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work or a related area of study per Florida Statute 65C-15.017. Related degrees include human services, criminology, juvenile justice, psychology, sociology, counseling, special education, education, human development, child development, family development, marriage and family therapy, and nursing
- Two years of experience working with children, adolescents and families is strongly preferred
- Florida Certified Child Protection Professional Certification (CWCM, CPI, etc.) required
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Must be able to complete a three day new hire orientation class (Monday – Friday); hours are approximately 9:00am to 5:00pm