Service Management Solutions for Children (SMS) provides creative and innovative services related to management, finance, IT, HR and more for a growing list of clients, including Partnership for Strong Families. We are seeking a Human Resources Director to join our team in Gainesville, Florida. This position provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the HR operations of SMS and affiliated entities, totaling 150+ employees. The Human Resources Director is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals. This position reports to the CEO/President and supervises Human Resources staff.
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Salary: $75,000 – $85,000
- Collaborate with executive leadership and management on all HR and strategic talent management plans and programs in support of achieving corporate objectives and business growth.
- Research, develop and implement staffing plans, competitive compensation and benefits programs, onboarding and employee development programs, and performance management systems in order to attract, motivate, develop and retain the people resources of SMS and affiliates.
- Advise managers on organization Human Resources policy matters including but not limited to, equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment and recommend needed changes. Serves as the EEOC and 504 Coordinator for the agency.
- Develop programs that foster the acquisition and inclusion of diverse applicants and employees.
- Analyze training needs and design programs to enable employee development and performance including health and safety programs.
- Identify key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of HR policies and programs and prepare alerts/analyses for management use in continuous improvement of people-related processes.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in human resource management including training and staff development is required, along with 3 years senior management experience. Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s license, maintenance of an acceptable driving record, and accessibility to reliable transportation is also required. The following education and experience are preferred: Master of Business Administration in Management, Human Resources, or related field and SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
SMS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Drug Free Work Place and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Human Resource Department at 1-352-244-1527. Notification to the Human Resource office must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Drug-Free Workplace: SMS maintains and enforces a Drug-Free Workplace program.