Service Management Solutions for Children, Inc. is currently accepting applications for the following position:
The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the HR department by assisting with payroll, new employee orientation, and maintaining employment records and databases. This position requires judgment and comprehensive knowledge of applicable operations and Human Resource fundamentals. This position reports to the Senior Human Resources Specialist.
Position Title: Human Resources Assistant
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Hiring Range: $32,000 – $34,000
- Performs payroll and payroll maintenance on a bi-weekly basis which includes ensuring paid time off hours are being tracked in the system.
- Prepares new hire packets, conducts benefits enrollment and HR functional orientation for new employees.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains files and databases in compliance with applicable laws.
- Updates HRIS system with new employee information, terminations, employee change requests and personnel action forms.
- Assists employees in providing answers to HR policies and benefit questions.
- Participates in benefits tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment.
- Assists with processing FMLA requests and disability applications.
- Completes termination paperwork and assists with exit interview process.
- Assists with the preparation of performance reviews and maintain records related to grievances and disciplinary actions.
- Assists the Sr. Human Resources Specialist prepare for audits.
- Assists Sr. Human Resources Specialist with various projects, meetings or surveys.
- Maintains company organizational chart and employee directory.
- Performs clerical administrative duties to support the daily operations of the HR department and the Sr. Human Resources Specialist.
- Maintains employee confidence and protect operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Keeps up-to date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Displays understanding of, and sensitivity to, service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
1. Effective communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Results driven.
4. Problem solving/analysis.
5. Collaboration skills.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and printers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, and operate office and computer equipment and phones. Office duties may require bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, stopping, mobility, reading comprehension, carrying up to 25lbs., driving a motor vehicle, standing and prolonged periods of sitting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree from accredited college or university.
- Two or more years’ experience in human resource or related field to include one-year experience in automated payroll systems.
- Related experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
Preferred Education and Experience (in addition to requirements above)
- Work experience in a Human Resources office.
Additional Eligibility QualificationS
- Ability to organize files and records.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetical calculations, calculate figures, amounts, and percentages.
- Use of correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Ability to handle telephone calls in a courteous and effective manner.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, and members of the management team.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Work independently and multi-task.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions both written and oral, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- Knowledge of standard business formats and styles for letters and business forms and knowledge of office procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Service Management Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants, employees, interns and independent contractors in all matters related, but not limited to: recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, compensation, benefits, application of policies and termination. Decisions affecting these activities will be made without regard to citizenship, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Service Management Solutions is committed to filling positions with the best-qualified candidates based on knowledge, skills and past job experience.
Americans with Disability Act: It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities where necessary in order to ensure that such persons have an equal opportunity for employment. If you require an accommodation you may make the request at any time during the employment process by contacting our Human Resources Department.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.