Service Management Solutions for Children, Inc. is currently accepting applications for the Fiscal Specialist I – Generalist position. Job Summary: Provide high-level fiscal and administrative support (as needed) by processing invoices from various sources (electronic and paper); performing entry-level clerical and accounting tasks; making bank deposits; preparing statistical or simple funding reports; handling information requests; and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Serves as a backup to other Fiscal Specialists. This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
Position Title: Fiscal Specialist I – Generalist
Position Type: Full Time
Hiring Range: $24,000 – $26,000
- Receives all incoming mail for the Finance Department.
- Reviews all invoices and requests for payment received for completion (appropriate signatures, appropriate approval, backup documentation, etc.)
- Scans, codes and links all Invoices into Image Now and route appropriately.
- Obtains W-9 information for new providers and set up ID numbers in P-Kids.
- Assists Fiscal Specialists with the processing of invoices, preparing deposits, processing FSFN and PKids batches and writing emergency checks, in their absence.
- Obtains and compiles corporate card receipts for monthly bill.
- Assists with the monthly distribution of foster board and adoption subsidy checks.
- Assists with responding to provider inquiries.
- Receives and distributes the incoming correspondence on the department Fax folder and machine.
- Under general supervision, compose and/or type letters, memos, reports, etc. for signature of supervisor, other professional staff, as needed.
- Takes and distributes the minutes of various management meetings, as needed.
- Provides needed fiscal and administrative support that may include assisting with contract proposals, data compilation, budget preparation, standard reports, etc.
- Provides needed fiscal and administrative support such as filing, maintaining records, copying, answering telephones, opening and distributing mail, etc.
- Assists with special assignments as needed.
- Provides Fiscal support for the Finance Department which may include but is not limited to taking deposits or other documents to the bank; dropping off mail at the post office or the Department of Children and Families; and pick-up or delivery of documents or checks from the Contracted Fiscal Agent.
- Assists department staff in all department activities.
- Display understanding of, and sensitivity to, service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, and operate office and computer equipment and phones. Office duties may require bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, stopping, mobility, reading comprehension, carrying up to 30lbs., driving a motor vehicle, standing and prolonged periods of sitting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require occasional long hours and weekend work.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree from accredited college or university.
- One to two years of related work experience.
- Related experience may be substituted for the required education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License, have an acceptable driving record, and have access to reliable transportation.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with document imaging software – Perceptive Content
- Experience with electronic invoicing application – PKids
- Experience using FSFN
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Ability to work with others and set priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Strong professional interpersonal skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to extract information from a variety of electronic sources and place in proper format
Service Management Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants, employees, interns and independent contractors in all matters related, but not limited to: recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, compensation, benefits, application of policies and termination. Decisions affecting these activities will be made without regard to citizenship, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Service Management Solutions is committed to filling positions with the best-qualified candidates based on knowledge, skills and past job experience.
Americans with Disability Act: It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities where necessary in order to ensure that such persons have an equal opportunity for employment. If you require an accommodation you may make the request at any time during the employment process by contacting our Human Resources Department.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.