Responsible for the development of budgetary analysis for Service Management Solutions. Perform assigned financial and other duties and activities in an accurate and timely manner. The Budget Analyst will report directly to the Vice President of Financial Services.
Position Title: Budget Analyst
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Salary Range: $41,000 – $50,500
- Develop the monthly reimbursement request from the State of Florida per administrative and service agreements.
- Maintain and modify allocation plan documents for related companies, as directed.
- Prepare budgets and amendments as required.
- Develop and maintain the annual operating budgets based on corporate guidelines.
- Develop, maintain and analyze budget reports and monthly financial statements; provide analysis to Vice President of Financial Services, and input and maintain financial data in electronic systems, including the DCF Financial System.
- Work with the Accounting Manager on DCF and any other reconciliation items which may affect corporate budgets and assist as needed.
- Work with the Accounting Manager and contract unit staff on budget related issues involving contractual vendor service agreements and payment obligations.
- Negotiate and secure quotes for procurement of vehicles, manage MOUs and leases for facilities and equipment.
- Complete ad-hoc reports as requested utilizing available electronic systems.
- Work with the Vice President of Financial Services to develop and update finance related policies and procedures.
- Work with Vice President of Financial Services and HR bi-weekly payroll reports, imports, and reconciliations as a payroll backup to the Senior Human Resources Specialist.
- Complete annual service reports from U.S. Census Bureau, The Department of Agriculture, the State of Florida and other governmental state and federal entities.
- Provide assistance to Accounting Manager and Fiscal staff for making bank deposits and other activities, as needed.
- Coordinate with the contracts unit to monitor and maintain contracted provider audit and financial reports.
- Conduct research to assist contract managers, accounting manager, fiscal staff, and providers in locating specific information on payment issues.
- Assist the Vice President of Financial Services and Accounting Manager with federal and state audits as necessary.
- Assist the Vice President of Financial Services and Accounting Manager with other Financial Services activities, as needed.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. The Vice President of Financial Services reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university AND
- Two years of experience in budgeting, accounting or financial planning or related financial/budget analysis work. AND
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Experience directly related to the job duties may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis, beyond a High School Diploma.
- Background must not indicate any corrective actions or citations of a financial nature.
- Experience in a non-profit organization, and State of Florida financial processes.
- High degree of comfort and expert level experience with Excel.
- Experience with Abila MIP system FSFN desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail oriented and focused.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with great attention to detail.
- Significant familiarity with accounting software as well as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to accomplish tasks with no supervision.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Service Management Solutions for Children, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants, employees, volunteers, interns and independent contractors in all matters related, but not limited to: recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, compensation, benefits, application of policies and termination. Decisions affecting these activities will be made without regard to citizenship, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Service Management Solutions for Children, Inc. is committed to filling positions with the best-qualified candidates based on knowledge, skills and past job experience.
Americans with Disability Act: It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities where necessary in order to ensure that such persons have an equal opportunity for employment. If you require an accommodation you may make the request at any time during the employment process by contacting our Human Resources Department.