Partnership for Strong Families is the lead agency for a community-based network in 13 counties in North Central Florida, providing services to ensure the safety, well-being and security of its children and families through foster care and related services. We are seeking an Adoption Program Case Manager to join our team. The Adoption Program Case Manager provides direct case work pre-requisite to adoption for adoption goal children and supports families adopting children with needed case management, transition assistance and services, while adhering to relevant legal and policy requirements governing adoptions. This position reports to the Adoption Program Supervisor.
Salary: $32,000 – $40,500
Location: Lake City, Florida; Gainesville, Florida
Mission: To enhance the community’s ability to protect and nurture children by building, maintaining and constantly improving a network of family support services.
Vision: To be a recognized leader in protecting children and strengthening families through innovative evidenced-based practices and highly effective, engaged employees and community partners.
- Provides direct case work pre-requisite to adoption for adoption goal children and families adopting children. This includes but is not limited to adoption home studies, child studies, referrals for psychological evaluation or other assessments if/as warranted, subsidy requests, enhanced subsidy requests (when warranted), quarterly home visits, maintenance of adoption tab information and provider information in FSFN.
- Maintains up-to-date information for all assigned recruit children on the Explore Adoption website including current photos and web memos submitted for timely posting following TPR.
- Provides Adoption Case Activity Reports for judicial reviews and testifies at court regarding status of adoption cases.
- Completes all documentation and reports in a legal compliant and timely manner.
- Provides adoptive placement services to adoptive families including documentation in compliance with legal requirements for full disclosure and adoption subsidy.
- Fulfills needs related to adoption disruptions including documenting disruptions, ensuring that subsidy is terminated (if applicable), and guiding efficient coordination of needs toward subsequent placement of the child(ren) and support of the child(ren) and family(ies).
- May perform specialized case management activities as needed toward program compliance with legislative mandates, and DCF and/or PSF initiatives including the Adoption Incentive Program and other activities identified locally as promoting the timely adoption of waiting children in Circuits 3 & 8.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. The Partnership for Strong families reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a comparable human service field.
- Certification as a Child Welfare Professional or CWP eligible.
- Must obtain CWP certification within 12 months of appointment to this position.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Two years’ experience working in the field of adoption.
- Adoption Competency training.
This position requires frequent same day travel.
For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at www.pfsf.org
PSF is an EEO/AA/ADA/VP/Drug Free employer.