Partnership for Strong Families is the lead agency for a community-based network in 13 counties in North Central Florida, providing services to ensure the safety, well-being and security of its children and families through foster care and related services. We are seeking a Foster Care Licensing Specialist to join our team in Gainesville, Florida. The Foster Care Licensing Specialist will license, train and support Level II and V foster homes. This position reports to the Foster Care Licensing Supervisor.
Salary: $36,000 – $39,146
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Mission: To enhance the community’s ability to protect and nurture children by building, maintaining and constantly improving a network of family support services.
Vision: To be a recognized leader in protecting children and strengthening families through innovative evidenced-based practices and highly effective, engaged employees and community partners.
- License and re-license foster care homes in accordance with PSF and DCF regulations and requirements.
- Conduct PRIDE Training for potential foster parents.
- Provide support and guidance to assigned foster homes.
- Compose comprehensive foster home studies based on the strengths and needs of the prospective families.
- Conduct Quarterly home visits with assigned families to ensure they are receiving services needed.
- Prepare in advance for situations (i.e. home-visits, PRIDE training class, rehearses presentations).
- Thoroughly document issues, questions or concerns directly related to licensing and re-licensing foster homes.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Psychology, Social Work, or related field. Possession of a Florida Driver’s License, an acceptable driving record, and reliable transportation is required. Applicant must be certified as a Child Welfare Professional or be CWP eligible. Candidate must obtain certification as a PRIDE instructor within 12 months of hire. The following experience and education is preferred: Masters’ degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Psychology, Social Work or related field, experience training or supervising foster parents, PRIDE certification, knowledge of special needs children, and two years of professional child welfare experience.
This position requires frequent same-day travel.
For more information about Partnership for Strong Families, please visit us at www.pfsf.org
PFSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Drug Free Work Place and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Human Resource Department at 1-352-244-1527. Notification to the Human Resource office must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Drug-Free Workplace: PSF maintains and enforces a Drug-Free Workplace program