- Contact Us. The first step is to call our recruitment specialist at 352-244-1684. This team member will be able to give you an overview of the process, let you know what to expect and answer any questions you may have.
- Inquiry Process. PSF’s recruitment specialist will get to know you and your family to make sure your are comfortable in making the decision to foster. Once you and the recruitment specialist determine it is the right time for you and your family to begin the process, you will be enrolled in an upcoming PRIDE class.
- Background Application and Screens. After filling out background paperwork with the recruitment specialist, PSF’s licensing department will begin the process of working with you to ensure you, your family and your home are ready for your first placement. At this time you will also be scheduled to get fingerprinted.
- First Home Visit. Two weeks prior to the start of PRIDE, a licensing specialist will be assigned to your family and will reach out to schedule a time when they can visit you and your family at home.
- Attend PRIDE Training. PRIDE is a 30-hour training course required for all foster parents. This course will help prepare you for your fostering journey.
- Second Home Visit. While attending PRIDE, your licensing specialist will schedule an additional home visit to continue the assessment. Additional information will be gathered at this time, including references, health checks, vaccination records and income verification.
- Finalized Assessment. PSF will prepare the completed family assessment and send it to the state for final approval.
- It’s Official! Upon approval from the state, you will be an officially licensed Partner Family and will be ready to accept your first placement. The real journey is just beginning.